The Blue Dragon Taekwondo School held its lower belt testing, the 11th Anniversary Taekwondo Demonstration and 7th Black Belt Testing this past Saturday, Nov. 2, at the Old Waynesville Armory.
Highlights from the demonstration were as follows:
• Children and adult poomsaes (forms)
• Board hand breaking
• Children’s self-defense
• Fighting exhibition
• Second Dan (degree) black belt preparation test involving breaking five boards in 22 seconds
• Concrete breaking and Second Dan (degree) Black Belt testing
• Hayden Cronin, age 9, succeeded in breaking two concrete slabs and completing all requirements to become the youngest Second Dan (degree) Black Belt student for Blue Dragon Taekwondo School. Hayden is also the youngest, on record at Blue Dragon, to break concrete.
• The oldest Black Belt in the demonstration to break concrete was David Clark, age 72, who broke five slabs.
• Thirteen students earned their First Degree Black Belts.
• Six students earned their Second Degree Black Belts.
• Master Teacher, Marshall Hale, demonstrated various self-defense moves, broke a red clay brick and broke 12 concrete slabs at one time.