If you plan to host a spring brunch, you can’t go wrong with quiche. And by serving up individual portions, you’ll ensure everyone gets to savor this tasty dish.
Start to finish: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 mini quiches
- 21 ounces homemade or store-bought pie crust dough
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 zucchini, sliced in thin rounds
- 1 onion, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- A few fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough until it’s half an inch thick, then cut it into four equal pieces. Place each piece in its own 4-inch pie pan. Using your fingers, gently press the dough into the shape of the dish. Cut away the excess, then prick the dough with a knife in a few places to prevent air bubbles from forming. Place the crusts in the oven for about 10 minutes.
2. In the meantime, melt the butter in a large pan. Brown the zucchini and onion over medium-high heat for 10 minutes, and season well. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, whip the eggs and cream. Salt and pepper, then set aside.
4. On each of the half-cooked crusts, pour a quarter of the vegetable mixture. Set aside 12 pieces of zucchini. Crumble a quarter of the feta cheese into each dish, then do the same with the green onions and the egg mixture. Place a slice of Swiss cheese and three slices of zucchini atop each quiche.
5. Place the quiches in the oven at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil before serving.