The NC Tomato Growers Association Inc. and gegetable extension specialist/agents at NC State University Cooperative Extension is hosting the 2021 Winter Vegetable Conference & Trade Show virtually this year via Zoomr, taking place over a period of two days.
Starting at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 24 and spanning through 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 25, there will be conferences on a variety of topics.
The two-day conference includes a virtual trade show and presentations on many different topics to help vegetable growers. We hope that you take advantage of this opportunity to learn about current issues associated with vegetables and take time with the representatives from agricultural companies and other businesses that support our industry during live “virtual” breakout sessions. NC Pesticide credits will be available for attendees.
Topics will include:
- Tomato Hybrid Field Trials
- Herbicide carryover and injury from drift
- Weed control in pepper, tomato, and cucurbits
- Thrip management in tomatoes and pepper
- Tomato disease management
- Hybrid tomato varieties for commercial production
- Progress in breeding for combined resistance to verticillium and bacterial spot.
Registration costs $40. Contact Ellen Moss by calling 828-685-3989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or see if you qualify for an EMFS scholarship that will cover costs for farmers and food producers. Visit www.nctomatoes.com to register online.